|Northchurch Baptist Church is looking to appoint a Youth Worker to oversee our work among 11-18 year olds, to reach out to the young people of Northchurch, and to play a key role in inspiring a generation of young people in faith and discipleship.The role-holder will be responsible for: co-ordinating and overseeing the youth work both on Sundays and during the week, reaching out to secondary schools and families in the local|
|community; helping young people to explore what it means to be a Christian, whatever stage they are at, and discipling and equipping young people in their faith.The successful applicant will love young people, communicate well with them and have a desire to see them become Christian disciples. They will model a Godly example of Christian discipleship and will be able to work as part of a team, motivated to facilitate the growth of God’s kingdom in Northchurch.|
Salary: £20,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Pension and generous leave package.
For further details please visit: www.northchurch.com/vacancies
Applications to be emailed to Anna.FitzPatrick@northchurch.com
Closing date: Thursday 30 May 2019
We are seeking to make a full-time appointment for the above position to start in summer 2019 as our present Youth and Communities Pastor is getting married and moving away in July having worked with us for 5 years.
You’ll get to work as part of an amazing paid and volunteer team, at a well-resourced church in a great location. Fairfield is a thriving, independent, evangelical Church approx. 15 miles North West of London, made up of a diverse cross-section of around 170 adults, with a high proportion of families and young people.
We are looking to recruit a new youth worker. This is a role in a succession of dynamic youth leaders caring for around 70 children and young people under 21 associated with Church families (and specifically about 30 in the 11-21 age group) as well as leading outreach games evenings which attract around 40 children aged 9-12.
This role provides a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, energised Christian with a desire to see young people come into a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through discipleship, evangelism and encouragement. It is a full-time role with commitments currently defined for Thursday and Friday evenings and Sunday mornings plus a Wednesday morning staff meeting. Supported by others, this person will take a lead role in organising and leading various events for our young people both internally and with other local churches and external Christian organisations (eg camps/festivals).
This role is primarily focused on the 11 to 21 age group but depending on the candidate’s experience and ambitions could be combined with oversight of our wider Children’s work. Alternatively the role could involve responsibility for our community engagement. In essence, the shape of the role can be based upon the person, taking into account our other staffing and resources.
We offer an attractive remuneration package dependent on experience with opportunities for training. Local accommodation may also be available. The post is initially a 3 year contract with the potential for renewal.
A more detailed job description can be found below. If you are interested then please make initial contact by emailing email@example.com a few lines about why this role attracts you. We can then follow up with more information on the church and details of the application process. Please do not send a CV at this stage.
You can visit our website at www.fairfield-church.org.uk
St Mary Magdalene & St Denys
Youth and Children Worker, Midhurst Parish Church
A new full-time post
Salary range £25,225 – £26,718
Midhurst Parish Church is at the heart of the community in Midhurst, West Sussex and is an Anglican Church within the Diocese of Chichester. Midhurst is an historic market town in the South Downs National Park. We have been expanding our engagement with children and young people and now have a vision for a linked pathway of thriving age-appropriate activities to engage children and young people through their schooldays, and beyond, so that they have a lifetime’s appreciation of Jesus’ presence in their lives. We want to enable them to know, love and to follow Jesus.
To help us to achieve this we wish to employ a full-time Youth and Children Worker to support a growing band of volunteers.
For an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 24thApril 2019
Interviews will be held in Midhurst on Saturday 4thMay 2019
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check before appointment and the position is subject to satisfactory references and a probation period. It is an occupational requirement of this role that the post holder is a committed Christian. We are only able to consider applicants who are already permitted to and can provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Director of Housing
Regina Youth for Christ
$52,000 – $60,000 a year
Start Date: May 20, 2019
Our mission is dedicated to helping youth and their communities’ reach their full potential. Motivated by our faith, we serve all youth, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. We are committed to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. To achieve our mission, we are seeking a creative, innovative visionary that wants to grow and expand housing to impact youth in the city of Regina and beyond.
Under the direction of the Regina Youth for Christ Executive Director, the Housing Director is responsible for overseeing the Housing Programs and Housing teams in each of the three group homes in Regina, SK and one group home in Moose Jaw, SK. Through an innovative, solutions-focused and collaborative approach, the successful candidate will ensure the high standards of caring for and journeying alongside youth are achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Superior interpersonal skills (is approachable, friendly; can establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external); respects diversity).
- High performing, self-motivated individual who is results focused. Self-starter who takes initiative and is committed to improving processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving/decision making to identify and manages issues without hesitation. Does not jump to the first solution without considering the impact. Can make decisions independently using sound judgement.
- Team player who is open to coaching, feedback and learning; shares information with the team.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and have the ability for minimal travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- This position requires on-call availability to Regina YFC Housing managers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Trained in housing, residential operations and/or the shelter system for youth and/or young adults.
- Five (5) years working directly with Government Social Service Agencies.
- Five (5) years working with youth in underserved communities.
- Five (5) years demonstrated management experience including strategic planning, budgeting, performance management and problem solving.
- Training in the following areas is an asset; First Aid/CPR, ASIST, Non-Violent Crisis and Emotional First Aid.
- Identifies, plans, develops, implements and evaluates housing initiatives including case management, intake assessment; broad knowledge of theories, principles and practices of shelter and/or residential placement services for youth and young adults.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains with clarity, the high-needs and complexities of the youth population; including applicants, clients, and the community and possesses the ability to devise appropriate strategies to address them.
- Assessesindividual and organizational needs and/or opportunities and provides solutions-focused recruitment and retention plans to meet needs; familiarity with suicide/risk assessment and crisis support services.
- High level of administrative skills including data management and tracking associated with the day to day operation of housing.
- Knowledge of the Government of Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Social Services community services, relevant legislation, education system and social justice issues; human trafficking, poverty, LGBTQ2S youth, youth justice, substance abuse, cultural practices and rights. Establishes key metrics to determine success; researches, analyzes and reports on relevant talent management data and analytics to provide evidence of improvement/success and key areas for development.
Regina Youth for Christ offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Candidates must be willing to agree and sign the Regina Youth for Christ Community Commitment and Statement of Faith. Application deadline is April5th, 2019, applicants can submit their resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience and qualifications listed above to:
People Resources Manager
2025 Lorne St.
Regina, SK, S4P 2M4
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract: 1 – 3 years
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Hours: 20 hours per week on a flexible basis
St George’s is an English-speaking Anglican church in Barcelona with an international, multicultural and multilingual congregation which seeks to celebrate both its diversity and unity in Christ.
We are looking for a self-motivated creative and dynamic person with excellent interpersonal skills with people of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. The role will involve forming and leading a youth group and programme of activities for 11-18 years old. This person will commend Christ to the youth in the church, help them to feel fully integrated and participative members of the church family and will forge active links with other local youth organisations outside the church.
Remuneration: House for Duty post. Housing is provided in a church flat with utilities paid and a
stipend of 225 euros a month, plus agreed programme of expense reimbursement.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2019
Starting date: 9th September 2019
For further details and a full job description, please contact the Church Administrator, Josephine Deelman:
Tel: (+34) 93 417 8867
Cornerstone Church, Holloway Avenue, Bournemouth BH11 9JR
Registered Charity No 1163367
Vacancy for a Children & Families’ Worker
15 hours per week
£10.50 per hour and an opportunity to join the Baptist Union Pension Scheme
Paid holiday entitlement will be the part-time equivalent of three working weeks during the six-month initial contract period
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
Organising and supervising activities for two young people’s clubs on Friday evenings during term time (5.45pm – 9.45pm)
Taking responsibility for planning programmes of activities in conjunction with other leaders for the Friday clubs and seeking to develop those who work to support the groups through planning and training sessions.
Mega Club (7 – 11 age range), Youth Club (11 – 16 target age range)
Being part of the worshipping community which meets on Sunday to provide contact and continuity for young people, particularly those Sundays when a Family Service or Messy Church is planned.
Looking to develop and build links with young people and their families, as well as supporting the wider ministry of Cornerstone Church (Baptist)
+ + + + +
If you are interested in applying or require further information, please contact Mary James, Church Secretary
email@example.com/ 07732 220098 / 01202 546025